Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BLACK




To think that the visually impaired people cannot see the beauty or for that matter the ugliness around them is completely wrong. Even though they cannot, are they really missing out on too much? Is not it true that with these two eyes all that we see around us is filth, lie and distress  .

Many years ago,I had the privilege of visiting the Behala Blind School , in Kolkata . Soon after entering the pious institution I had realised that these children were in no way 'less' than us.The most awe-inspiring thing was the way they were singing and dancing in total sync with the rhythm like normal people. They were climbing and descending the stairs without missing a step.And they were reading and reciting in an impeccable manner, in every way like the children destined to be the future of India. I failed to gather my courage at that point of time even to ask them how did they assume or imagine everything ? Like the shape or the colour of the sun, the moon and the rainbow !!

I clearly remember, that day, despite spending two hours with them I could not ask  even a single question to the undaunted souls who stood smiling in the face of adversity. But I understood that the people with disabilities are the same as everyone else.  It is not unusual for someone with a disability to have talents, skills, and abilities. Some of them are in fact more than perfect, more normal than us.With queries abound, and diminished courage I had returned home that day.

A small tribute- 'BLACK'



Scintillating stars,are they blue and scattered?
sun must be bright and orange and red
moon changes shape ,how I wonder!
the planets are roaming unhindered

When rain pours down on me
I can feel the splendour
when water splashes,splatters around
I feel so blessed and pampered

Mountains are serene and not concrete jungles
pleasant are the notes of the encircling winds
I enjoy the cacophony of birds in the balcony
whether they fought chirped or giggled

I love the warmth of light
when gleaming they say its yellow hued
but my favourite is black,the colour I can see
the colour of darkness, I have always admired



pic courtesy google

35 comments:

  1. very inspiring and touching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a handful of us spare time and thoughts for those who are "less"than us..........blessed is the soul & heart that can hear "them"............and u r definitely the blessed few..............Runai(Caravantage)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A humble thank you for such a lovely comment Runai. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. मन की आवाज़ को सुन पाना आसां कहां ...
    मन को छूती हुई रचना ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black is the ultimate colour because it can absorb all other colours...very beautiful and sensitive presentation.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black never allowed animosity. The root cause not depends on color. Black is a common color. It's able to extended own study with any media. Black is universal friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sensitive and soulful post indeed. Its not them its we who've to be inspired by them and who've to learn the art of living from them. Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Ma'am. thank you very much for the lovely comment.much appreciated

      Delete
  8. Excellent !!
    A very sensitive poem ........ soul touching ...... you mesmerised me .... I'm sure you are blessed by divine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what could be more satisfying for a writer if his/her words are able to touch someone's soul!! this comment has made my day Neeta ji.i have not seen God like many others,but i feel a person is indeed very blessed if he/she has loving parents, a wonderful and supportive lifepartner, beautiful understanding children and of course such wonderful friends.I have all these so yes,you are right, i am blessed. God bless you too.
      regards

      Delete
  9. Nice article,very inspirational too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. अच्छी रचना.आपने तो मेरी दुखती रग पर मानो हाथ रख दिया.मेरी परिवार में शायद आँखों की तकलीफों का श्राप है,सो मै भुक्तभोगी हूँ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reeta ji for appreciating my composition. maine yeh padha hai aur dekha bhi hai ,jab bhi manushya ka koi ang kshamataheen ho jata hai toh uske baki ang aur indriyaan us ang ki kami ko poora karne mein uski madad karte hain. jo dono ankhon se sab kuch saaf saaf dekhkar bhi anjaan bane rahte hain ,asal maine mein wohi shrapit hote hai.bhagwan aapko shakti de har vipada se ladne ki.

      Delete
  11. More than many others, I love this one - my little son is visually impaired, and he is a little lighthouse... I love this post and wish to re blog it on my site : DJtalk,com . lets see if am successful - hug !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting my blog.when random thoughts penned by me are appreciated ,it really makes my day.i am sure your little one is a braveheart and a rockstar.lots of love and blessings for your son.
      love and hugs
      Aparna

      Delete
  12. http://studio304.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/black-my-fav-colour/ have re posted ... thank you so much for a beautiful post - friends of my little son, and himself, salute people like you - all the very best and God bless your heart that has made use of blogs in the purpose for which they were created :))) Best wishes, Innerdialects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to YOU dear for reposting this composition.I am deeply overwhelmed and touched .children are gift of God. they are angels, so when they shower you with love and affection its like getting blessed by the God himself.truly humbled.
      best wishes and love

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for these lovely lines....soul stirring!! I was also privileged in my college days to go and teach English to class 10th students at the national association for the blind in Delhi. These special children are so inspiring and full of life. They teach you to see life through a different perspective!! God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Aditi,you are right.they teach you one very important thing.true happiness can be yours only if you can learn to look beyond the material world.
      thank you for the lovely comment
      regards

      Delete
  14. I love the warmth of light
    when gleaming they say its yellow hued
    but my favourite is black,the colour I can see
    the colour of darkness, I have always admired

    beautifuly expressed !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciation and encouraging words Maami ji..

      Delete
  15. That was a beautiful tribute! :)
    BTW: I Love the name of your blog dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for the kind words Bushra.. really appreciate

    ReplyDelete

SOME OF MY FAVOURITE POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...